Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Happy Birthday to Me


Actually my birthday was on July 19. But my present was a few weeks before that when we stopped in Hammond LA.  We were on our way to Williamsburg VA to see Carrie and family as well as Jordan's HS graduation.  We stopped in Hammond to have some minor repairs done on "the Coffee Bean" and saw something we liked better.  So it is on order; ready in about 6 weeks.  A 2015 Tiffin Allegro Open Road. We have been thinking about a new RV for 6 months or so.  We have had the current one for almost 8 years.  We have put 51,000 miles on it and slept in it 356 nights according to my log.   This is still quite modest as these things go but is all we wanted.  I stayed with a gas V10 engine. It is 33 ft vs. our current 26.  And the bedroom and better shower will be the big comforts.  We will tow the Honda CRV "Toad" as usual. 

I will need to change the picture at the top and I am taking suggestions as to a new name.  Brother John suggested "The Coffee Plantation".  I had thought about "The Lake House"... so chime in with your thoughts.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

A new RV is one fine present. What made you guys pick this one? It seems your first RV served you for quite a long time, and it may take some time to adjust to the new one. I hope the transaction went smoothly, and that the "Coffee Plantation" lasts as long as the first one. Drive safely!

Marion Goodwin @ Johnson RV

Unknown said...

It has almost been a year since you bought that RV. It seems that you saw something special on it to make you decide to buy it. Well, it looks wonderful. Anyway, how is it now? I hope you're enjoying every bit of travel time you spend with it. Thanks for sharing that! All the best!

Liza Pilon @ Prairie City RV