Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Back From Carrie's

New Blog Site

As you have noted, I have shifted to a new blog site.  The old one was created in 2005 and there are more features available now.  I could likely have just modified the "Houston Bennetts" site but I had really done nothing with it since 2007.   You can always get to it with the link on the right.

Our Virginia Visit

 4 year old pix but only one I had
Maysville Baptist at Bucking VA (Justin on the steps)

We had a great visit with Pastor Dave, Carrie, Jordan, Jocelyn, Justin, Jayson, Joanna, and Blue. What a great multi-building compound you have. 

And thanks to Maysville Baptist Church for their RV parking space.

Well we are back home, as of yesterday, safe and sound. A trouble-free trip, door-to door-to door, and for that we are thankful.  We had a great time in our 12 days with Carrie and family in Buckingham VA.  Total round-trip millage was a long 2,617.5 miles.  We used 290.9 gallons of gas and averaged 8.71 mpg towing the Honda.  I ran 57 to 63 mph depending upon the roads.  Most were just fine except about 20 miles of bumpy I-10 near  Lafayette LA

Coffee Bean Nest On the Right
 We really pushed it yesterday, driving 565 miles from the Meridian MS area to Houston.  I am convinced the "Steer Safe" device I put on the Coffee Bean made a big difference as I was much less tired then usual driving the rig. Lots of good Interstate and no delays around Beaumont or Baton Rouge helped as well.

The Pastor Reid's House... (Blue on right)

Now to plan for the rest of the year.

 We are considering Natchez MS, Charleston SC, Rocksprings TX, and Ruidoso NM.  Time will tell.   We need to get my "ear surgery" done on June 12 first.  Will report on that here in the next couple of weeks.






3 comments:

JB said...

Thanks for the travel update. Always enjoy them. The new blog site is really 'clean ' and readable. I subscribed via my gmail account.

Brother John.

Carrie said...

Thanks for coming! Family is precious and life is short.We always love spending time with you. You dtill are "the best psrents ever!" Nice blog...

Luv2Plant said...

Good job spouse. We enjoyed our visit with the Reid's