Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Two Week Check In

Things are coming along fine.  I was encouraged to stop by Envoy to have the doc take a look at my progress if we were in the area.   Carol has wanted to visit the brand new Trader Joe's in the Woodlands so we had planned a trip.  It is a really nice store. We wish there was one closer than 45 min. away.   Anyway, one of the first things we encountered was a TJ's staff member sitting on the floor (wine section)  in about a pint of blood, while two others were wrapping his arm in gauze. There was a suspicious looking box cutter on the floor at his feet.  It looked rather serious to me, but they helped him to the back somewhere; dripping all the way.   

So since we had planned to go to The Woodlands anyway, we had made an appointment with the doc there at Envoy Medical. My visit was not nearly as exciting or bloody.  As to my head... all seems to be doing fine, at least in terms of the operation.   He took the tape off and the incision is healing  nicely.  I can't see it of course, but Carol says I really don't look too much like something out of a Frankenstein movie with the 4 inch scar on my skull behind my ear.   It lives !!  It lives !!  Yes, thankfully.

I am doing just fine. Six more weeks until they "turn my ear on."


No comments: